The facelift experts
The future of façade restoration
Sympathetic and knowledgeable building facade restoration is a specialised skillset encompassing several highly prized trades – from hand-carving stone and the replacement of sections worn away through years of exposure to the elements, to the installation of new timber around long decayed window frames. Metal, brick or stone – whatever the material, time and weather will eventually wear it away.
Scaffold-free facade restoration
Contrary to popular misconception, virtually all types of restoration work can be undertaken from platforms – a huge advantage for occupied buildings with regard to speed, security and efficiency.
Using platforms instead of scaffolding, we have carried out stone repairs, repointing, roofing, painting, mastic replacement and bird proofing on many high profile buildings across London and further afield.
Professional façade restoration, masonry repairs and external building refurbishment
Thomann-Hanry® are unique in their approach to facade restoration in several ways. First and foremost, our artisans are in-house, continually trained and operating with the top of the range tools and equipment.
Our Restoration team complements other divisions of the company by offering the full breadth of building restoration from Thomann-Hanry® mobile platforms, thus removing the need for scaffolding from almost any project.
There is no element of work on the façade of a building that Thomann-Hanry®’s Restoration team cannot carry out.
- Our banker masons produce the replacement stones that our restorers introduce to buildings.
- Carpenters create the new sections of timber that we use to replace where window frames have passed the point of repair.
- Decorators bring timber and metalwork, long-faded by the elements, back to life.
- Lead workers carry out a full range of services to any structure, including lead repairs and replacement, extensions, modifications and sympathetic, restoration of Listed buildings to heritage standards.
- Bird deterrent systems are introduced, stone or brick restored and protected, stains and marks removed.
“More and more people are realising the huge benefits of our methods, our access specialism and the fact that every one of our people is directly employed for the simple fact that they are exemplary performers in their own field of expertise. We use the best people, materials and equipment and we perform in a way that nobody else can. As more people get to know about our Restoration arm, the busier we get.”
Our own banker mason and restorer Jamie Phillips working on templating, carving and installing new Portland stone corbels at King’s College, Cambridge:
“Stonemasonry is an ancient craft. The real craft about it is that no two masons, given a similar piece of stone, will end up with the same result. You can recognise a particular mason’s work. For a stone mason like myself, having the opportunity to work on such projects like this is a great achievement. At Thomann-Hanry®, we work in many restoration projects across the country helping Conservationists teams to protect our heritage for future generations.”
Our façade restoration specialities
- Building conservation
- Façade cleaning
- Specialist sensitive cleaning for stone and brick
- Paint removal on building facades
- Lime washing
- External and internal stone restoration
- Masonry repair and stone carving
- Faience restoration
- Metal and timber window conservation and repair
- Sash window repair and decoration
- Architectural metalwork repair
- Bronze patination and maintenance
- Installation of internal and external lime plasters and renders
- Brick re-facing
- Brick tinting
- Soot washing