The facelift experts
The future of facade restoration
Sympathetic and knowledgeable building facade restoration is a specialised skillset encompassing several highly prized trades. These range from the hand-carving stone and the replacement of sections worn away through years of exposure to the elements, to the installation of new timber around long decayed window frames. Metal, timber, brick or stone – whatever the material, time and weather will eventually wear it away.
Contrary to popular misconception, virtually all types of restoration works can be undertaken from platforms – a huge advantage for occupied buildings with regard to speed, security and efficiency. Using platforms instead of scaffolding, we have carried out stone repairs, repointing, roofing, painting, mastic replacement and bird proofing on many high profile buildings across London and further afield.
Professional scaffold-free façade restoration, masonry repairs and external building refurbishment
At Thomann-Hanry® we are unique in our approach to façade restoration in several ways. First and foremost, all of our artisans are in-house, continually trained and operating with cutting-edge tools and equipment.
Our restoration team complements other divisions of the company by offering the full breadth of building restoration from our mobile platforms, thus removing the need for scaffolding from almost any project.
There is no element of work on the façade of a building that Thomann-Hanry®’s restoration team cannot carry out.
- Our banker masons produce the replacement stones which we then introduce to buildings.
- Carpenters create the new sections of timber that we use to replace where window frames have passed the point of repair.
- Painting and decorators bring timber and metalwork, long faded by the elements, back to life.
- Lead workers carry out a full range of services to any structure, including new leadwork as well as replacement of existing water-proofing.
- Bird deterrent systems are introduced, stone or brick restored and protected, stains and marks removed.
“More and more people are realising the huge benefits of our methods, our access specialism and the fact that every one of our people is directly employed for the simple fact that they are exemplary performers in their own field of expertise. We use the best people, materials and equipment and we perform in a way that nobody else can. As more people get to know about our Restoration arm, the busier we get.”
Our façade restoration specialities
- Building conservation.
- Façade cleaning.
- Specialist sensitive cleaning for stone and brick.
- Paint removal on building façades.
- Lime washing.
- External and internal stone restoration.
- Masonry repair and stone carving.
- Faience restoration.
- Window repair and decoration/timber window conservation.
- Metal conservation and repair.
- Glass restoration.
- Lead repairs and replacement.
- Architectural metalwork repair.
- Bronze patination and maintenance.
- Installation of internal and external lime plasters and renders.
- Brick re-facing.
- Brick tinting.
- Soot washing.